PLEASE follow these instructions carefully as the Territorial Court is very strict about the exactness of the form for your USVI marriage license. This form must be filled out entirely by the bride & groom. Please DO NOT abbreviate.
Ideally the form should be in our office at least 45 days prior to the wedding.
You could do it on your own if you would like: To obtain a Virgin Islands Marriage License, you must submit the following at least 8 working days prior to your arrival in the Territory along with a money order or certified check payable to the Territorial Court. There is no waiting period for either of you to be on the island, but the paperwork and payment must be in the Courthouse on St. Thomas at least 8 days prior to your arrival. The bridal couple must pick up their own marriage license, in person, from the Courthouse in St. Thomas prior to their wedding day. Photo ID is also required before the license is released to you.
Or we can do it for you! All of our wedding packages include this service.
You can type these forms right on your computer if you have the Microsoft Excel program. (If you don’t, let us know.)
To do so: Right-click on the marriage license button below and choose “Save as”. Then, change the name of the file to: YourName.xls and save to your desktop.
To complete your form type the certificate. Fill out lines 1-14b, then at the bottom 27a-30b. When you’re done save the changes and email as an attachment to email@example.com. We will review them & submit them to the court for you.
PLEASE follow these instructions carefully as the Territorial Court is very strict about the exactness of the form. This form must be filled out entirely by the bride & groom. Ideally the form should be in our office at least 45 days prior to the wedding.You can type these forms right on your computer if you have the Microsoft Excel program (If you don’t let us know).Please DO NOT abbreviate. License & Certificate of Marriage.
- Both bride & groom must fill out lines 1-14b and 27-30.
- Spaces 1 & 8a – All names require first, middle & last.
- Space 8b either type your maiden last name or “Same as 8a”.
- Spaces 3a and 10a – COMPLETE street address & city.
- Spaces 3b & 10b asks for your COUNTY, NOT COUNTRY.
- Spaces 3c and 10c the STATE AND ZIP CODE is required.
- Spaces 4a and 11a the STATE only is required.
- Spaces 4b and 11b the MONTH has to be typed out . i.e.: January 22, 1968
- Spaces 5 & 12 require dashes in the social security number.
- Spaces 6a, 7a, 13a & 14a: All names require first, middle & last (Maiden for female).
- Spaces 6b, 7b, 13b, & 14b is State only (or country if born outside the US)
- The last two lines on the page have to be filled out.
If this is the first marriage for both bride & groom please email us the form. No signatures are required at this point.
In Case of Dissolution of Prior Marriage If either applicant is divorced the court requires a CERTIFIED copy of the divorce decree. (This can be obtained by contacting the court that issued the divorce). If either applicant is widowed, a CERTIFIED copy of the death certificate is required.
Please mail appropriate documentation along with completed Certificate of Marriage to Weddings The Island Way.Please read the following descriptionof a proper divorce decree to CONFIRM your document is correct before spending the money to send to us!!!
- Statement that marriage has ended. (Dissolved, Divorce, Annulled… etc.)
- Judge’s signature
- Certified Stamp, with original signature (it could say this is a True Copy or Copy Teste instead)
- Do NOT send Vital Record or Vital Statistics. The court will NOT accept!
- If your CERTIFIED copy of your divorce decree or death certificate is not in ENGLISH, you will need to have it translated, by a certified court translator, into ENGLISH prior to sending it to us.
WE DO NOT RECOMMEND OTHER SHIPPING COMPANIES AS THEY ARE NOT NEARLY AS RELIABLE!
We process all the paperwork, make all the reservations and no blood test is required. You simply have to swear in at the courthouse once on St. Thomas, a photo ID is required. The licensing fees are included in all of our package prices.